9 Things Kate Moss Definitely Didn’t Do The Day After A 4am Finish At The British Fashion Awards (And I Definitely Did)
1. Attempt to take a morning shower without getting her face wet so as to keep last night’s make-up intact for work
2. Inhale six-plus pieces of toast for breakfast
3. Wonder how she managed to spend £100 during a night of completely free bars
4. Disappoint colleagues with failure to remember any proper gossip from the party of the year (until the flashbacks started mid afternoon)
5. Edit a feature on extreme vajacials
6. Cringe at tipsy Facebook postings from the Playboy club (although I think #actool could run and run)
7. Cringe at many many celeb faux-pas moments including gushing to Savile Row tailer Patrick Grant about his range for Debenhams. At a fashion party featuring wall-to-wall designers. FFS Jones
8. Eat a whole pizza for dinner
9. And three Berocca for dessert
#MondayMakeover… Soothe your soul this party season with an Aromatherapy Associates pick’n’mix kit
Calorie-free and good for mind and body (two capfuls of ‘Support: Equilibrium’ especially good for hangovers). Pricey but there are 27 baths worth in this little box.
9 Things Kate Moss Definitely Hasn’t Done To Prepare For The British Fashion Awards Tonight (And I Might Have)
1. Fake tanned from just the knees down and the neck up. We will both have used St Tropez though (pratically soul sisters!)
2. Considered ‘wardrobing’ her outfit (aka leaving the tags on for a cheeky return)
3. Chosen a dress with a ‘structured’ skirt (aka leaving room for *whispers* food)
4. Settled on ‘smart top knot’ over ‘faux undercut’ as hairdo of the evening as it will be easier to do in the office loos
5. Spent a good 20 minutes deliberating bettween two new TKMaxx handbags (the husband was NO help on this btw)
6. Fielded texts/tweets/what’s apps/calls from numerous friends panicking about their outfits
7. Set a ‘curfew’ alarm on her iPhone for midnight to make sure that she actually goes home
8. Planned tomorrow’s hangover breakfast
9. Played out in her head a conversation she might have with Kate Moss in the queue for the loos (‘nice shoes’ ‘congrats’ ‘can’t wait for the Topshop range’ ‘pleeeeeeeeeeeease can I come to your 40th birthday party next year?’)
The only Christmas jumper you will ever need…
Christmas jumpers don’t have to be totally naff, they can just be BRILLIANTLY ‘fashion’ naff like this oversized leopard print one. Made from lambs wool too so its super soft
Do you think Kate Moss is planning her outfit for Monday’s British Fashion Awards around her handbag like me?
She would be if she’d found this bad boy on her travels to TKMaxx. Roar.
#InMySuitcase - Weekend wear for a country boutique B&B: Cosy with a touch of sparkle (Monsoon coatigan, New Look sequined cardi, M&S camel coat, Monsoon jumper, Next scarf)
Ooooh. Oh. Thanks for the Xmas love Harvey Nichs. Not. #SpentItOnMyself
SNEAK PEEK: Monsoon Spring/Summer 2014
Standout beading, beautiful bridal dresses and floor-sweeping florals were my picks at tonight’s press preview. Especially a fan of the blinging cape dress - covers bingo wings instantly and is really very beautiful . Happy 30th Birthday Monsoon.
SNEAK PEEK: Accessorize Spring/Summer 2014
There were several collective intakes of breath as the Femail team perused the statement jewels coming out of Accessorize next season. I mean, why wear one statement necklace when you can wear three? Want. Them. All. Like. Now.
So THIS is how I chose to wear the toasty new coatigan!
I’m sure you’ve been on the edge of your seat waiting to see how I edged a boucle bundle away from crazy cat lady territory (maybe)… now all can be revealed. Basically mixing up your textures is the easiest way to smarten up an oversized knit: I chose a pleather T-shirt dress (Topshop), denim shirt (Esprit), waxy trousers (Warehouse) and a felt fedora (Topshop) adding some evening interest with a bright clutch (Whistles). Warm and fabulous.
The Harper’s Bazaar '10 Reasons To Date A Fashion Girl' post included promises of five star freebies and supermodel introductions. But I think we all know that dating a member of the high maintenance glossy posse would be more hassle than she’s worth, regardless of how many ‘supers’ she has pushed her lunch around a plate with.
Fashion girls can be a lot of fun though when you ignore the monthly madams… here are 10 Reasons To Date A Non-Glossy Fashion Girl
1. She can make Burton look like Burberry
2. She will have hot fashion friends who can hold a conversation for over 2 minutes without looking over your shoulder
3. She doesn’t mind if you can’t dress as she will enjoy ‘gently’ encouraging you to show off your more creative sartorial side (and has the clout to stage an intervention if it all starts going a bit Kanye)
4. Budget travel becomes a breeze: She can pack several weeks worth of clothes and accessories into any regulation carry-on case in under 20 minutes
5. She has extensive problem-solving and people skills (any idea how difficult it is to squeeze a size 24 woman into size ‘sml’ Spanx? Or persuade a transexual trucker that a halterneck is not the most flattering design for broad shoulders?)
6. She will know someone who knows someone with Selfridges, Hugo Boss and ASOS.com discount as well as a Nando’s black card
7. You can leave her to manage tradesmen/women with confidence as she has spent many, MANY hours of her life dealing with difficult couriers, studio managers, and assistants
8. She will have M&S on speed dial: V useful for any mother-in-law emergencies
9. She can sniff out the canape entry point within minutes of entering any party. Ditto the chilled prosecco. And yes she will know the calorie content of all finger food, but she’ll still eat it
10. She will share your appreciation of that Rihanna/Miranda/Abbey Clancy spread (even if you are looking at entirely different things)
#InMyKit … Monsoon’s jewelled jumper
Easing my way into the Xmas jumper season with a bit of subtle bling.
False nail fail! L’Oreal Pret Nails lasted approx 4 hours before pinging off into my hair/bag/cocktail #NailArt #Manicure #Nails #Cringe
HELP! How do I wear a COATIGAN?
I have been sent a fluffy, cosy, toasty cardigan-meets-coat by Monsoon that demands to be worn this frigid week… but have no idea how to wear it without looking like a crazy lady. Thank the web lord for Tumblr … and more specifically Ester Malloy whose beautiful page has inspired me to get layering and accessorising with gusto.
1. With a patterned pencil and a slogan T
2. With skinny jeans and a rocky T
3. With stripes and a floppy fedora
4. Layered with a trench and trousers